为什么很多人喜欢伤感的音乐?| 六分钟英语

Hello. This is 6 Minute English, I’m Sam.

大家好,这里是六分钟英语,我是萨姆。

And I’m Neil.

我是尼尔。

Do you like sad music, Neil?

你喜欢伤感音乐吗,尼尔?

Well, when I was younger and if I had a break-up with a girlfriend I would listen to sad songs, songs which reflected my mood.

嗯,我年轻的时候,如果我和女朋友分手了,我会听伤感歌曲,那些体现我情绪的歌曲。

And do you still listen to those songs now?

你现在还听那些歌吗?

Not so much, but I do still like them.

不太听,但我还是挺喜欢的。

Well, it seems as if there might be a biological reason why some of us do like sad songs.

嗯,看起来我们中的一些人喜欢伤感歌曲可能是生物学上的原因。

We’ll look at this topic a little more after this week’s quiz question, which is about music videos.

在本周测试问题之后,我们将进一步讨论这个话题,测试问题是关于音乐视频的。

The music video has been around for a while, but in what year was MTV, the first dedicated music video channel, launched in the US?

音乐视频已经出现有一段时间了,但是第一个专门的音乐视频频道MTV是哪一年在美国推出的呢?

Was it… A: 1981, B: 1982, or C: 1983?

是A: 1981年,B: 1982年伤感的音乐,还是C: 1983年?

Well…

好吧……

What do you think, Neil?

你觉得呢,尼尔?

I’m going to have a guess. Is it the early 1980s?

我猜一下。是20世纪80年代初吗?

Well, yes. Care to be more specific?

好吧,是的。可以说得更具体些吗?

Well… Well, it was a long time ago – I was just a small boy. I’m going to go for 1982.

好吧……嗯,那是很久以前的事了——我当时还是个小男孩。我选1982年。

OK, I’ll have answer later in the programme. But first, more about sad songs.

好的,稍后我会在节目中揭晓答案。但首先,是更多关于伤感歌曲的内容。

Professor David Huron from Ohio State University has conducted research in this area and he discussed it recently on a BBC World Service radio programme – The Why Factor.

俄亥俄州立大学的大卫·休伦教授在这一领域进行了研究,他最近在BBC全球服务节目The Why Factor中讨论了这一问题。

He was looking at why some people like sad music and other people really don’t like it all, as he says they just can’t stand it.

他在研究为什么有些人喜欢伤感音乐,而另一些人则真的一点儿都不喜欢,正如他所说的,他们那些人就是无法忍受伤感音乐。

He believes it’s to do with a hormone.

他认为这与激素有关。

A hormone is a natural chemical in our bodies which can have an effect on various systems and also emotions.

激素是我们体内的一种天然化学物质,它可以影响各种系统和情绪。

Listen out for the name of the hormone he mentions.

仔细听一听他提到的激素的名字。

One of the things that we were interested in was ‘what’s the difference between people who listen to sad music and who love it, and people who listen to sad music and who just can’t stand it’.

我们感兴趣的事情之一是“听到伤感音乐就喜欢的人与听到伤感音乐就无法容忍的人之间有什么不同”。

In our research, it started pointing towards a hormone called prolactin.

在我们的研究中,它开始指向一种叫做催乳激素的激素。

Now, prolactin, as you might have guessed from the name, is associated with ‘lactation’ from breast-feeding.

现在,从名字上你可能已经猜到,催乳激素与母乳喂养中的“泌乳”有关。

When people cry, they also release prolactin.

当人们哭泣时,他们也会释放催乳激素。

And, there are circumstances in which prolactin seems to have this comforting effect.

而且在某些情况下,催乳激素似乎有这种安慰作用。

So which hormone did he mention?

所以他提到了哪种激素?

He talked about the hormone called prolactin which he said was connected to lactation.

他谈到了一种叫做催乳激素的激素,他说这种激素与泌乳有关。

This is the production of milk by mammals to feed their young.

这是哺乳动物为了喂养幼崽而产奶的过程。

What he noted was this hormone can be released when people cry and in some cases this hormone has a comforting effect.

他指出,这种激素会在人们哭泣时被释放出来,而且在某些情况下这种激素有安慰作用。

When something is comforting, it makes you feel better, it calms your emotions.

当某事是令人感到安慰时,它会让人感觉好一些,会让人们的情绪平静下来。

Let’s listen again.

让我们再听一遍。

One of the things that we were interested in was ‘what’s the difference between people who listen to sad music and who love it, and people who listen to sad music and who just can’t stand it.

我们感兴趣的事情之一是“听到伤感音乐就喜欢的人与听到伤感音乐就无法容忍的人之间有什么不同”。

In our research, it started pointing towards a hormone called prolactin.

在我们的研究中,它开始指向一种叫做催乳激素的激素。

Now, prolactin, as you might have guessed from the name, is associated with ‘lactation’ from breast-feeding.

现在,从名字上你可能已经猜到,催乳激素与母乳喂养中的“泌乳”有关。

When people cry, they also release prolactin.

当人们哭泣时,他们也会释放催乳激素。

And, there are circumstances in which prolactin seems to have this comforting effect.

而且在某些情况下,催乳激素似乎有这种安慰作用。

So, what conclusions did he make about this hormone and how it might be working?

那么伤感的音乐,关于这种激素,他得出了什么结论?它是如何起作用的?

Professor Huron explains.

休伦教授进行了解释。

So the thought was that, perhaps what’s going on is that the people who are enjoying listening to sad music are receiving some sort of excess of prolactin,

因此,人们的观点是,也许正在发生的事情是,那些享受听伤感音乐的人催乳激素过多,

and people who are listening to sad music and they just find it incredibly sad and unhelpful and they just don’t want to listen to it,

而那些听到伤感音乐却只觉得非常悲伤和无助的人,他们并不想听伤感音乐,

maybe they’re not getting enough prolactin when they listen to the music.

也许他们听到那种音乐时没有产生足够的催乳激素。

So what is happening? Or as Professor Huron said, what’s going on?

发生什么事了?或者像休伦教授说的,怎么了?

Well, it seems quite simple, though I’m sure it’s very complicated.

嗯,看起来似乎很简单,然而我确信它很复杂。

People who like sad music are maybe getting too much prolactin or more than is normal – he describes this as an excess of prolactin.

喜欢伤感音乐的人可能催乳激素分泌过多,或者超过正常水平——他将其形容为催乳激素过量。

And maybe people who don’t like sad music aren’t getting enough.

也许那些不喜欢伤感音乐的人没有足够的催乳激素。

So, the idea is that prolactin is a hormone which we find comforting.

所以人们认为催乳激素是一种令人感到安慰的激素。

If our bodies release it when we hear sad music, it gives us a good feeling

当我们听到伤感音乐时,如果我们的身体释放催乳激素,它会给我们一种舒服的感觉

– but if prolactin isn’t released or there isn’t enough of it, we just find the sad music sad and it doesn’t help to cheer us up.

——但是如果催乳激素没有被释放出来或者没有足够的催乳激素,我们就会发现伤感音乐很悲伤,它不会帮助我们振作起来。

I guess so, but you know emotions are funny things – it’s weird to think that our feelings are caused by different natural chemicals that run around the body.

我想是的,但是你知道情绪是很有趣的事情——认为我们的情绪是由遍布全身的不同自然化学物质引起的,这很奇怪。

Absolutely!

绝对!

OK, we’re going to take another look at today’s vocabulary but first, the answer to this week’s quiz.

好的,我们来看看今天的词汇,但是首先,揭晓本周测验问题的答案。

The music video has been around for a while, but in what year was MTV, the first dedicated music video channel, launched in the US?

音乐视频已经出现有一段时间了,但是第一个专门的音乐视频频道MTV是哪一年在美国推出的呢?

Was it… A: 1981, B: 1982, or C: 1983?

是A: 1981年,B: 1982年,还是C: 1983年?

And Neil, you said…

尼尔,你说……

Only said it was definitely the early 80s.

我只说绝对是80年代初。

Well, you’re not wrong there, but which year exactly?

好吧,你那么说没错,但具体是哪一年呢?

1982年?

Ah well, you’ll need to dig out a sad song to make you feel better now because the answer was 1981.

啊,你得找首伤感歌曲来安慰自己了,因为答案是1981年。

Oh dear, I can feel my prolactin levels dropping already!

哦,天哪,我感觉我的催乳激素水平已经下降了!

I’m sure you can’t!

我确信你不会的!

But let’s move on to vocabulary.

但是让我们继续词汇部分。

If you can’t stand something, it means you really don’t like it.

如果你不能忍受某事,那就意味着你真的不喜欢它。

A hormone is one of the body’s natural chemicals.

激素是体内的天然化学物质之一。

And the hormone prolactin is connected with lactation, which is the production of milk by mammals.

催乳激素与泌乳有关,它是哺乳动物分泌乳汁的过程。

Something that is comforting makes you feel better emotionally.

令人安慰的事物会让你情绪上感觉好些。

The phrase what’s going on has a very similar meaning to ‘what’s happening’.

词组“怎么了 ”和 “发生什么事了”有非常相似的意思。

And an excess of something is ‘too much or a more than normal amount of that thing’.

某物过多是指“某物过量或超过正常量”。

Well, before you have an excess of our company, we should wrap up.

好吧,在超过公司节目正常时之前,我们该结束了。

Thanks for listening and we hope you’ll join us again soon.

感谢你的收听,希望你能很快再次参与我们的节目。

Bye for now!

再见了!

Goodbye!

再见!

英文来源:BBC Learning English

———END———
限 时 特 惠: 本每日持续更新海量各大内部创业教程,一年会员只需98元,全资源免费下载 
优惠码(不再需要): xnbaoku

声明:本站内容转载于网络,版权归原作者所有,仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任,若侵犯到你的版权利益,请联系我们,会尽快给予删除处理!

大鱼项目网 » 为什么很多人喜欢伤感的音乐?| 六分钟英语